Form Letters

HOME Line provides a number of free form letters to help you communicate and document your rental housing issues. To learn more about each form and download it, click on the links below.

Neither the forms nor the reminders we send are meant as legal advice. If you have a legal question about your situation or need advice about using any of the forms, please contact our tenant hotline:
Email the hotline.
(612) 728-5767 in the Metro Area
or (866) 866-3546 from Greater Minnesota


  1. Fill out the appropriate letter. If you need help filling out the letter, call HOME Line and a tenant advocate will be happy to help you.
  2. Make sure you sign the letter and date the letter.
  3. Make a copy of the letter after you sign and date it. Keep it for your personal file.
  4. Send the original request by first class mail (a regular stamp) to the landlord or property owner (whoever you pay rent to or is named on the lease).
  5. The letter you filled out gives your landlord a certain number of days to respond. Allow your landlord that amount of time to reply to your request.
  6. If the landlord or property owner fails to comply with your request, call HOME Line and a tenant advocate will discuss your options.

Support HOME Line

  • HOME Line provides these form letters as a free legal service to all renters in Minnesota, so please consider a small donation to help us reach more tenants.
  • We only need this if you want a receipt to get a tax deduction.
  • American Express


Legal Notice

We try to provide quality legal information and legal forms, but we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information and forms we will supply. As legal information must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. Legal information is not legal advice. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult one of our staff or another lawyer if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.

If you have any questions about these forms, please call the tenant hotline: (612) 728-5767 or (866) 866-3546