Available Position: Part-time Tenant Advocate
Salary: $16.50 per hour
HOME Line is seeking a part-time Spanish-Speaking Tenant Advocate to work with English and Spanish-speaking renters who need legal assistance for their rental issues. The advocate will receive on-the-job education and training on Minnesota tenant/landlord law.
- Provide legal advocacy to English and Spanish-speaking renters through HOME Line’s
Tenant Hotline. HOME Line will provide Tenant Landlord Law Training and support for this position.
- Assist in training and supporting volunteers (primarily law students and undergrads) working on our tenant hotline.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish required.
- Prior legal experience is preferred, but not necessary. Advocate will undergo extensive training in Minnesota tenant-landlord law.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or four years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills including experience with public speaking, in-person consultations, and excellent phone skills.
- Those with a legal or housing background are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with and understanding of the issues important to urban, rural, low-income communities, communities of color, and other oppressed and/or vulnerable populations.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter of interest, and resume to:
email@example.com by June 12, 2017.