The speeches, “Tips from a Tenant Attorney, Laws Every Minnesota Landlord Should Understand” focuses on key issues that cause problems between landlords and tenants. Additionally, learn about new laws that took effect in the last few years.
All trainings take place at HOME Line’s office (3455 Bloomington Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55407):
- Monday, January 11, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, February 8, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, March 14, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, April 18, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, May 16, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, June 6, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, July 11, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, August 15, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, September 19, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, October 17, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, November 14, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
- Monday, December 12, from 2:00 – 4:30 at HOME Line
Please note: This course is recognized by the City of Minneapolis as covering the Fundamentals of Property Management. This can be up to a $250 savings for “point of conversion” fees (going from a non-rental to a rental unit). Learn more about this discount here.
Along with the new laws, topics to be covered will include:
- Fair Housing Complaints- What Starts Them?
- The Application Process
- Caretakers/On-site Staff
- Security Deposits
- When Can a Landlord Enter an Apartment?
- Rent Increases
- How to Give a Notice to Vacate
HOME Line attorneys have given speeches to landlord groups throughout Minnesota, covering a wide variety of landlord/tenant law topics. HOME Line is now offering a two-hour training conducted by Managing Attorney, Michael Vraa. Mike has personally spoken over 105 different groups of landlords in his 19 years of experience as an attorney working exclusively on landlord/tenant law.
“I was very skeptical that this wasn’t going to be much more than a very basic landlord class. Boy was I wrong! This class was informative and interesting…I recommend that every landlord take this class. It was invaluable.”
-Scott Ficek, Real Estate Agent
“In my practice, I frequently represent residential Landlords and receive phone calls from prospective clients asking, ‘What do I need to know about being a Landlord?’ My answer these days: Read HOME Line’s How to be the Smartest Renter on Your Block.”
-Jason T. Hutchinson, Attorney at Law
The cost to register online is $50 per attendee.
Our brand new book designed specifically for Minnesota landlords and managers, The Landlord’s Guide to Minnesota Law, will available for at a reduced rate of $20 (regularly $25) if purchased in advance, and can be picked up at the training. It addresses every landlord-tenant legal issue that is likely to arise over the course of a lease.
Additionally, our book designed for tenants covering Minnesota tenant landlord/law, How to be the Smartest Renter on Your Block is also available for at a reduced rate of $15 (regularly $20) if purchased in advance, and can be picked up at the training.
To register, please fill out the form below and it will allow you to pay online. If you prefer to pay with a check, you can register by contacting Deb at 612-728-5770 (x109) or at email@example.com. Additionally, if a management company or other agency would like to hire a HOME Line attorney to give a speech at your office, contact Deb.