Volunteering or interning at HOME Line is a great experience. We have a variety of opportunities for you to be involved with, ranging from: staffing our tenant hotline, helping door-knock and organize renters to collectively address substandard housing or keep rents affordable, and/or working on public policy issues and engaging tenants to affect laws that protect renters and promote affordable housing options.
Most volunteers at HOME Line are involved with our tenant hotline. Volunteers gain valuable experience as we help educate them about tenant/landlord law. Highlights include:
- Assist in preventing homelessness, evictions, and illegal landlord activity in Minnesota
- Improve their client interviewing, teaching, and communication skills
- Gain invaluable legal experience
- Work in a fun, laid back environment
- Enjoy free coffee, plenty of off-street parking, bus access (on the #14 bus route)
All tenant hotline volunteers are required to attend our free training in advance of serving on the hotline. We host a number of trainings throughout the year, which are advertised on our main page. To learn more and and/or to register for the next training, visit our volunteering page.
If you are interested in tenant organizing, public policy internships, or longer-term tenant hotline projects/internships, please check out our internships section.